Tuesday, December 14, 2010

beaded bookmarks

I'm excited I get to show these off here, because it is super hard not to blog about them, but we aren't having our Christmas party until Thursday, so I can't blog it at "home", or I'll spoil the surprise!
Made these for my book club friends. I got the base bookmark (about $1/each) from Oriental Trading. Also the 2010 charm (36 for $5.99) you see at the top. Beads from my collection/hoard.
Super easy to string them on flexible wire, and crimp the ends back on themselves - hardly any effort at all. But it did take me a couple hours to design and make all 12.
(I provided the links for the supplies I used here in the US, but I don't know what all of you over-the-pond have access to? Hopefully you can find something similar closer to home.)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment