Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Christmas Red shawl



My third finished present! :) This one is for my mum, as she never buys herself things. She's much rather buy my brothers and sisters a new scarf or a new winter coat, than keep herself warm. And her favourite colour is red! This is another Cascade 220 Heathers yarn, and there were a few different reds that I thought she'd like. I couldn't decide, so decided to check the names of the colours. This yarn was called 'Christmas Red', so that cinched it! :)
The pattern is a free one available from Ravelry. It's call Sheri and is here
I love this little scarf/shawl, though I think it could do with a more aggressive block. The lace edging isn't as open as I'd like, so I might re-do the blocking, depending on how it looks by Christmas.
Oh, and I remembered to take a pre-blocking photo!
It was curling like crazy! It's much better now, but still curls a little at the top edge. I don't think it'll be noticeable when worn though :)
Ashley x

No comments:

Post a Comment