Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm on a roll!

I've finished two more presents! :) These two are for my brothers.  Boys are hard to buy for, and they're even harder to craft for. But I think I hit on some good ideas :)
This hat is for my eldest brother. He's 19 and loves slouchy hats. I always thought this was because he was self conscious about his hearing aids. It turns out that when it's windy, he can't hear as the wind whistles in the microphone thingies. So he wears hats to keep the wind out so he can hear! Clever :) So I thought a hat was perfect for him, and it'll keep him warm as a bonus. 
The pattern is from the book The Gentle Art of Knitting by Jane Brocket. I nearly ran out yarn and had to skip a repeat and fudge the decreases, but it turned out for the best as the slouchiness is just right :) The yarn is Knit Picks Telemark. I chose a heathered shade, and I think my brother will really like it.
These fingerless mitts are for my younger brother. He's 13 and likes to play out with his friends a lot. So I figured fingerless mitts would be warm but practical. I also think he'll like the cables, as he's seen me knitting socks once and he was really impressed! So I think he'll find them impressive :)
This pattern is a free one from Ravelry and can be found here. The yarn is Cascade 220 :) I love this stuff! I'm pretty sure he'll love the colour too.
Now, you know what's really exciting? I only have two more planned handmade gifts to go!! :D I might squeeze in a couple of lavender cushions if I've got time between uni work though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment