Saturday, November 5, 2011

More Christmas plans

Hello everyone! ScruffyBadger here, taking a brief trip away from scruffybadgertime.co.uk to join in the Christmas crafting amongst all you lovelies. Thank you for having me back again Tilly.
I've been avidly following everyone else's Christmas plans, & it's had a strange effect on me. I've actually felt organised for Christmas by osmosis. And then reality kicked in. All those pressies aren't going to get made by reading about the product of others' organisational skills - time for me to get thinking.

I made a stack of sewn items (mainly in December) last year, & this year feels more like a woolly one. And also maybe some paper crafting as well. Here are my thoughts so far ....& I can't believe I've started now (phew!)

  • As with so many others I'm going to crochet at least one snood, courtesy of Carly for a girlfriend or two. Look, it was started last night - perfect TV crafting. I'll make some crochet flowers to decorate it.


  • I am going to also try to knit one of these Martha Stewart scarflets - too cute!
  • For my handsome man, a Negroni - short sleeved version, in black linen (cut off & interfaced this afternoon, gosh, I'm feeling organised!)
  • I feel a cluster of boxer shorts coming along too - I made some last year & they are very satisfying. This year I will try to incorporate flat felled seams as in the MPB boxers sewalong.
  • PJs also went down well last year, so I will make some more this year & need to source some flannel.
  • Who's been watching Kirsty's Handmade Britain & not wanted to make these paper rose rings? I bought some quilling tools from Ebay straight after & can't wait to get going. Even if for decorating parcels with.
  • And in the same episode of Kirsty - I am desperate to try making a decoupage paper creature for someone ....
Finally I have a plea as there was something posted on this very same crafty blog last year that I can't find - someone very clever had made a beautiful cape/ hooded scarf out of boucle fabric. Anyone help out as I'd know just the person I would want to make one for?
Thanks if you know what I'm talking about!

(Seem to have a focus on neckwear this year, don't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment