Sunday, November 13, 2011

Naughty Socks

Warning!! May not be safe for work!! Also, I apologise if anyone is offended by these socks.

This is my fourth knitted gift, and they certainly made me giggle the most! Though they were very hard on my hands, it's sport weight yarn (light DK) knitted at 8 stitches per inch on 2.25mm needles. Needless to say, there was much grumping and grouching as I got a blister from the tiny needles on my index finger. Which I then repeatedly stabbed with the needle until the blister split along my fingerprint. Ouch! Does anyone else have this problem with the smaller size needles? How can I avoid it? 
Anyway, here there are! Innocent looking at a glance, but then you get a closeup :)

*giggle* These are for a friend who has just the right sense of humour to appreciate these :) The pattern is a free one available at Ravelry here, and the yarn is Knit Picks Telemark. It's great yarn, and the choice of colours is excellent! This is also my first time using sock blockers too, I love them! So much easier than trying to make socks lie flat and be the same size. I like  making socks, so they'll see lots of use.
Also, in the time it took these to dry, I've almost finished a hat for my brother. Yay for big needles! :)
Ashley x

No comments:

Post a Comment