Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Monday

Hi all!  I'm Valerie, and I blog over at Sew Cranky.  I'm super excited to be part of this project as I'm going to try to make most of my holiday presents this year.  Here's my list:
  • Mom - Crepe dress from Colette Patterns and a couple of Sorbettos
  • Dad - Long sleeve Negroni shirt
  • Brother - Corduroy jacket
  • Sister - Handbag
  • BIL - Chef's jacket (purchased) with his name embroidered on the front
  • Nephew - Baby Chef's ensemble with his name embroidered on the front
  • Friend 1 - Suede Steampunk-esque Fascinator
  • Friend 2 - Denim lap throw pieced together from old jeans
This may sound like a lot, but I've already made a Crepe for mom and know what adjustemnts I want to make to this one and a couple of Negronis for dad and brother.  My brother was up for a few months and I think I've got the basic fit worked out on the jacket as well.  The corduroy is a wearable toile for the $90/yard wool I got at Mood 2 years ago.  Once I'm happy with the toile, I'll hold my breath and cut into the (amazing Italian) wool. 

I'm also hoping to make a few small things, like evening clutches and such for the girls in my (occasional) knitting group.  We'll see if I run out of time :)

I can't wait to see everyone's progress!

- V

No comments:

Post a Comment