Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First on the list: A Thanksgiving table runner!

Hi everyone! I'm Annie and I'm new to the Crafty Christmas Club. My blog is called The Daily Stitch and it's part of my (soon-to-be) online shop, The Village Haberdashery. I live in London.

I've already been so inspired by your ideas which is good because I need to get started immediately on one! My mum and I host Thanksgiving every year for as many as 30 family members. It's my favourite holiday and we love planning the menu together and cooking, which is a lot of work but so much fun. I always see beautiful tutorials for napkins but I can't imagine making that many and she'd never use most of them the rest of the year. So I thought I'd try a quilted table runner.


But I'm not so into applique so I'm going to piece the front instead. My idea is to make some improvisational blocks like Ashley at Film in the Fridge did in this stunning quilt:

I'm going to use Miscellany by Julia Rothman for Cloud9. Isn't it pretty? I'll sash and back it with the linen.

The catch is that we leave for Seattle for Thanksgiving on the 14th of November AND I'm going to Quilt Market next week! I wanted to give it to her as an early Christmas present since I won't be there for Christmas and so it can be used for Thanksgiving. So it's going to be very, very busy for the next few weeks. I'm hoping to get some hours in on this at the weekend, so I'll be back with an update after that. Wish me luck!

Nice to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment