Monday, October 31, 2011

I've got a plan!

Hello Crafty Christmas Crafters! I’m Andrea and I blog over at Stitch Parade. I’m a bit late to the party but this past weekend I finally cleared a couple of UFOs from my sewing table and I’m now ready to get stated with my Christmas presents.

Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplished before December 25th:

1. A scarf for my Dad following the Extra Warm Men’s Scarf pattern by Cotton and Cloud. The fabric texture in this free Ravelry pattern is super nice and I hope my dad will like it.

2. For my step-mom I will be making a leather clutch just like this one I made this past summer (shown below), only this time I'll use a buttery cream colour.

3. I’ve been working on this quilt for a while. It’s been sandwiched and pin basted and if I get my act together and actually quilt and bind it, it will make a nice Christmas present for my mother-in-law. 4. Both my step-daughter and sister-in-law will be receiving wristlets this Christmas. I’m undecided on the pattern so if any of you have any suggestions, please let me know.

5. My little sister lives in South America where Christmas lands right smack in the middle of summer. She’ll be visiting me in Toronto this holiday season and I’m planning on sending her back home with a fabulously extra large tote bag in bright prints that she can take to the beach.

6. For my baby nephew I will be making a pair of baby pants, a hat and a larger size of the same pair of reversible baby shoes I made for him a few months ago. This time I’m using a print with tiny robots. The pattern can be purchased from this etsy shop.

7. Last but not least, I’m planning on making sewn mittens for my friends’ kids. I found this great free pattern for fully lined mitts here. They look faster to make than knitted mittens and I have a couple of fun fabric choices that will wok for these little boys. Note that the pattern comes in multiple sizes, including adults, so these would be suitable for many people on your lists. And, they get bonus points as a stash busting project.

Now that I look back at my list, I’m getting scared that I won’t finish everything – It’s November already! Better get crafting…

No comments:

Post a Comment