Sunday, October 16, 2011

Introductions and Inspirations

Hello Everyone!



My name is Kat and i blog over at Krafty Kat. I am very excited to be taking part in the Crafty Christmas Club this year. I have been sewing and crafting now for just under a year, and so this is the first year that i can even begin to consider handmaking Christmas gifts. I have tested the waters a bit already with some handmade presents this year including a bag, some little purses and a couple of baby cardigans, all of which seem to have been well received (i think!), and so i am looking forward to trying my hand at some Christmas presents.

I am a little wary of biting off more than i can chew, so to speak, so i think i am very much going to see how things go. Currently i have a few ideas, some of which have been taken from last years Crafty Christmas posts...thanks for the inspiration :)


- Some Lebkucken for a number of friends such as those seen here...my favourite Christmas goodies so it's about time i tried to make them!

- A knitting needle roll for my mum...i have something in mind which is pretty simple, although i may also look around and see if i can find a pattern

- For my Nana, a washbag or similar based on the patterns i used for the purses...any advice on waterproof fabrics or linings gratefully received!

- Quilts for a couple of small people i know, I'll be basing them on a Cath Kidston pattern from this book

- Possibly a ribbed scarf for my boyfriend

Currently still thinking of other bits and bobs, I'll report back when i have more definite plans :) This may be a little over-ambitious already, but we shall see....

K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment