TO DO LIST
- I was going to use this to make a makeup bag for my sister, but now I am thinking she might like it for an iPad cover instead.
- Making this cat bed was one of my first sewing projects and my cats are ready for a new one. Originally, I had used stuffing for the inside, but the other day I started thinking about using fabric scraps instead of stuffing. I have saved all my selvages and tiny pieces of fabric over the past year or so. This will be a perfect way to use up the odds and ends!
- I started working on this quilt for my mother in law in July! It's my second quilt, so it's taking me a while to do, but now there is light at the end of the tunnel. I sandwiched the quilt yesterday and will start quilting it this week. Next I will put on the binding and ship it to her in England.
- My sister is spoiled because she is on this list twice. I am making her a cape and told her to pick out whatever fabric she wanted for the lining. That was a mistake! I didn't look at the fabric or the price before buying it. It ended up being imported from Japan ($$$) and it's a lightweight canvas. She is insisting that she "needs" this for the lining. I'm not sure how this is going to work out...
- I wanted to make my husband a bow tie with a retro look to it, but wasn't sure which pattern to use. Does anyone have any recommendations for a beginner friendly bow tie pattern?
If you would like to read more about my sewing adventures or share sewing tips and tricks with me then check out my blog. I need all the advice and ideas from you creative ladies that I can get! :)