Monday, October 24, 2011

Hello Christmas Crafters!

Hi everyone :-) I'm Alison from anotherlittlecraftycreation. I've only been blogging since June and am still learnig to think of witty titles for blog posts, but I have been making Christmas presents for years and am running out of inspiration now (there are only so many knitted cuddly toys or pencil cases my dad needs!)

So far I am considering making:
- travel card cases for train tickets/Oyster cards (for Dad, brother, cousin(s)) I made up the pattern for one the other week for a birthday and it turned out really well, so I will have a go at making a mini tutorial later this week if people would like to see how it was made
- knitted berets (maybe for cousin, step-mum and possibly my aunt - will have to do some research to see if they would wear them and if so what colours)
- some type of sweets/chocolates in a hand-decorated box/jar
- attempt to knit some socks for my dad/uncle (anyone got a fool proof pattern for this?)

I am also going to the make lounge tomorrow to learn how to make lip balm, body scrub and bath fizzy things, with the hope that I can then make some at home for gifts.

After reading through all the ideas here, I am also considering some lemon curd (for anyone) and a bicycle seat cover (for my cousin)

This summer I have also been making pj bottoms for myself which I love, but I made the pattern from an old pair, so I'm not sure how I would adjust it to fit my skinny cousin properly!

Lots to think about, I think I need to ask people to do some subtle research for me.

Really looking forward to seeing what everybody makes (note to self: remember to take photos before you wrap gifts up)

No comments:

Post a Comment