I'm Elisalex of Stitch me Softly... Fairly new to blogging but no stranger to creative DIY; I was wondering how I would go about keeping my Christmas crafting secret, while also wanting to share it on my blog... So I couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of this network, not only to share my ideas and preparations and absorb the collective inspiration, but also allowing me to unashamedly express my excitement about the coming 9 weeks of pre-Christmas festivities! (Anyone else notice how non-crafters think it's crazy to be getting excited about C-day mid October? What they don't realise is the time that goes into a handmade holiday...)
So, without further ado, my To Do:
- embroidery hoop tree ornaments (that will also double up as little gifts) along the lines of this:
- crochet snowflakes, (endless patterns here) and this year I will starch them to keep their shape.
- a wreath. I've never had a wreath, let alone made one, but having seen some beautiful not-so-traditional wreaths, I'm feeling compelled to get involved.
- stockings. I made a fairisle one last year for my son, and I can't deny I felt a little jealous on Christmas morning! So this year I'll be making a couple more chunky cabled stockings like this:
- Nigel Slater's Christmas Cake. For anyone who doesn't like traditional Christmas cake - hit them with this.
- Christmas Breakfast Buns from Xanthe Milton's Eat Me. Beyond delicious.
The Christmas Present List is soon to come... Just need to wrap up some Autumnal projects before I completely immerse myself into all things Christmas! Until the next time, over and out.